Some couples prefer a smaller or less formal gathering for their wedding. My small wedding package caters for ceremonies with up to 20 guests.
The legal process is the same as for any other civil marriage, you must complete your Notice of Intended Marriage at least a month prior to your wedding date. I will need to sight your original birth certificates or valid passport, divorce papers where necessary and photo ID.
If you are looking to elope only 5 people need to attend your ceremony. These are the bride and groom, your celebrant and two witnesses who are over the age of 18. Of course, you can have some more of your nearest and dearest if you wish.
- I step you through all the legal paperwork and formalities
- all of your questions are responded to
- creating a meaningful, personalised ceremony with you
- working with each of you to write your personal vow promises to each other
- talking you through your ceremony, to make it stress-free on the day
- I conduct your ceremony in a relaxed yet eloquent manner, setting the tone for the celebrations that will follow
- conducting your ceremony at any location you choose in the Newcastle or Lake Macquarie areas (I can also come to the Hunter Valley or Port Stephens area for a surcharge)
- lodgement of all your paperwork with Birth Deaths & Marriages
A standard marriage certificate from Births Deaths and Marriages is included in the price of the package (a commemorative certificate is available at extra cost).
This type of ceremony is for..
Those who want the circle of love around them to be their favourite family and friends.
For those who just don’t want to invite the 120 people; they just want an intimate gathering.
Couples who want to celebrate with a small group and put the money saved towards something else … honeymoon? .. house?
People who are shy and simply don’t want a larger audience.
Couples who want to elope, then have a big party with no formalities.
Sounds great! What do I do now?
Next steps including selecting your celebrant and choosing a date. Give me a call or send me a message via the form below to check my availability.